Friday, June 11, 2010

Hello everyone! Another manufactured pen made from deer antlers. I received the antlers from our pastor whose sport hobby is deer hunting. I cut one piece that was a bit of a triangle, which would be the pen holder, and drilled a hole at a 45 degree angle. Then I cut another piecefor the base for the pen, holding it in the vice to drill the centre for the 7 mm tube to be inserted. I drilled a curved piece of an antler for the top end of the pen. Next it was time to glue the tubes into the pieces and allowing overnight drying time, trimming all ends of the pen antlers, ready for the turning process.Turning the antlers was a very dusty procedure. Sanding was also a tough job as the finishing is slow and hard to get a real smoothfinish. Well that it for one more pen to add to my inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment